HELPFUL HINTS FOR SMOOTH RUNNING PC!
- Backup your data
- Run disk defragmenter on hard drive Do this every 1 to 2 weeks (Windows XP Only, Vista, Windows 7 & 8 do this automatically every Wednesday night, so make sure your computer is on then to take advantage of this tool)
- Run error check on hard drive Do this if the machine is acting up or running noticeably slow
- Have and use antivirus software Download updates every week and scan at least once a week
- Have anti-spyware software and use it Download updates every week and scan often
- Run disk cleanup on your hard drive Double click on the “my computer” on your desktop, then right click on local disk, select properties, then click on disk cleanup
- Always run your updates on Adobe, Java and Windows!
Here is a site where you can do a free scan of your hard drive to find out if you have any virus's on your drive. You can also usually clean them out, plus it’s free!
Visit Trend Micro